Make Hummus Not Walls
Blessed Are The Peacemakers
New Movie: 28 minutes
Released in 2016: 43 minutes
Make Hummus Not Walls is a 28 minute emotional, but factually driven documentary of personal stories in the midst of conflict.
Our sequel movie (following “Blessed Are the Peacemakers” ) tells the story of a contentious week in Jerusalem and the broader Palestinian-Israeli conflict in May, 2018 when on location for about 12 weeks. Our activities included lots of conversations with people on the street, over coffee in Jerusalem, birthday celebrations in Hebron of the West Bank, night time debriefs on the roof of Bethlehem Bible College, under a setting sun and stench of tear gas from frequent protests nearby. We even had a few close encounters with rubber bullets, but mostly found courageous people on all sides longing for peace. This movie tells the stories of 3 women–a Jew, a Christian, and a Muslim, who meet their “other” in the craziest of times and find their humanity in loving each other. This story will spark hope in the possibility of peace based on genuine friendships across normal barriers at a time when we need it most.
Peacemaker Andrew Larsen and Emmy award-winning producer John Yeager finished “Blessed Are The Peacemakers” in 2016, a documentary tracing Larsen’s journey to the Holy Land (including Israel & the West Bank) to tell the story of people in this mysterious and often misunderstood part of the world.
Andrew has been to the region many times and lived as a human rights advocate in the city of Hebron for 3 months in 2011. What Andrew has learned serves as a lesson to us all; if you have enough love in your heart and you can visualize peace–it just might happen. John and Andy bring extensive experience in visual storytelling and peacemaking. John has won 17 Emmys for his work in broadcast television and news, while Andy’s photography has landed in many publications including the National Geographic.We believe there is hope for peace when people find their better selves, and their stories are told. Contact Andy Larsen at email@example.com for more information or to request a screening!
From Peacetalkers to Peacemakers
A Study Guide for Going Deeper
Tips on leading a group and difficult questions.
Introduction: What to Expect
Leader's Guide to Group Study--Coming Soon
- Check out the study guide introduction to the left.
- We’re working on final edits for a PDF 30+ page written companion study guide with group questions, tips for leading difficult conversations and a whole, whole lot more.
- Some of the hper links that follow below already have content so check back as this fills in.
Chapter 1: Changing Our Paradigm From
Peacetalkers to Peacemakers
Chapter 2: Why is There a Conflict? A Palestinian
Shares Her Story
Chapter 3: Daily Life & Obstacles to Peace in Hebron
Resources for Going Deeper. Click links.
Chapter 6: Now What, So What
Resources for Going Deeper. Click links FMI
- Andy’s Christmas wishlist after his time in Hebron in 2011 is still relevant.
- Child Sponsorship thru World Vision supports work on the ground to empower vulnerable communities.
- Joe shows us how to make a difference with letter writing in his Advocacy Packet.
- Churches for Middle East Peace Advocacy work
- Volunteering at Bethlehem Bible College
- Organizations to support.
- For further study.